Pregnancy is a strange time, but a wonderful time. Each one is different thanks to those freaky, funky pregnancy hormones wreaking havoc on your body. There are some things that everyone wants to hear from a prego.
We heard the heartbeat today.
It’s a ________! (insert whatever you’re having so you can get stories from both sides about what your child will turn out like based on others experiences)
I felt the baby move today.
Yes, indeed, those are sweet. But there are some days when you want someone to celebrate the not-so-fit-for-public milestones of pregnancy. I tried #1 with my husband a few days ago. He attempted to feign excitement, but I know that deep down inside he’s thinking “Why doesn’t she talk to someone else about that stuff??”
So here you have it. My Top 5 list of things nobody wants to celebrate with a pregnant lady.
- I pooped 2 days in a row!
- Opening the pantry did not cause my overactive gag reflex to kick in.
- I have BOOBS (but don’t even think about touching them because they hurt like a sonofagun)!
- I slept for more than 2 consecutive hours without having to get up and pee.
- I made it through an entire day without crying, screaming or otherwise having an emotional freakout of any manner.