I am sitting on the couch with that buzz I sometimes get when I’ve had such a busy day that my body doesn’t quite know what to think when it stops moving.  This is one of those days when I’m so thankful to be young, energetic and healthy.  

I woke up to my alarm at 7, took a shower and got totally ready for the day by the time Carter woke up at 8.  Just want to mention here that doing this has made the biggest difference in my energy level and productivity.  I used to sleep until Carter woke up, then I’d take a shower around 10:30 when he went down for a nap.  That sucked and made me lazy.  There’s just something about being in your pajamas close to when some people eat lunch that will really make you feel like a bum.  ANYWAY, then I got Carter up and fixed breakfast for the 2 of us.  I returned emails and caught up with my log reading at the table while I sipped by Dunkin Donuts coffee and ate my Great Harvest pumpkin berry swirl bread and strawberry yogurt–there’s a little free advertising for you.

I took a phone call from Robin and set a lunch date with her and Brad for 1:00 at Midtown Deli.  I cleaned the kitchen then gave Carter a bath, got him dressed, brushed his teeth, read him a story and put him down for a nap.  Then, I came into the living room and balanced my 2 checkbooks.  I made my menu and grocery list for the week.  I researched some sale prices, then made my plan of attack list for buying Jeff’s Christmas presents today.  I worked on a scarf I’m knitting for a Christmas gift for about 20 minutes.  Knitting always helps me clear my mind of distractions and focus on decisions I need to make.  As soon as I had some things worked on in my head about a new job opportunity with the church, I typed out all my thoughts then walked upstairs to the office and printed them out to take to my meeting.  

By this time it’s nearly noon.  I rotate the laundry then I check myself out in the mirror and decide that I don’t like the way my butt looks in these pants and I decide that the shirt is sloppy.  So, I change.  Jeff constantly picks on me about this. Nearly half the time, I’ll change clothes from the original outfit that I put on in the morning because I don’t like the way it looks on me.  Of course I don’t think I’m being vain, I think I just need new clothes that FIT.  I love the newest section of my closet:  pants that I can take off without unbuttoning them.

I leave the house at 12:30 and head to the bank on Pelham Rd.  I do what I gotta do, then head off to Midtown Deli.  Brad and Robin were already there.  We talked at great length about a new position for me with the church, one that I’ve wanted from the beginning.  It’s something I’m made and called to do, I believe.  I can’t say what it is yet because there are a few people who will need to know first before it’s public knowledge–and I don’t feel like password protecting this otherwise vanilla post because of that.

I left lunch, went to Costco and pickup up Christmas card photos, cat food and cereal.  Then, I filled up with gas.  Theirs is still $1.35–best I’ve seen.  Target is right across the street, so I went there next to buy all my stocking stuffers.  Carter and I had fun wandering around the store looking for fun little things to gift away on Christmas.  I love stockings!  My last stop was Kohl’s.  I got lots of smokin deals on clothes for Jeff.  I’m getting him ALL CLOTHES for Christmas because he truly clothes poor.  If I whine about not being about to buy clothes in almost 2 years, then Jeff could whine about it being longer for him.  He never buys anything for himself.  I would’ve liked to have gotten him some nice dress shirts, ties and a suit but he’s so particular about what he wears to work, so I dare not.  Instead, I’m going to grunge him up for his still-newish role as a Praise and Worship leader for a rockin’ cool church.  I got him 3 pairs of pants, 6 shirts and a BUNCH of socks (he joked about only wanting socks for Christmas, so I’m going to give him a big bag of socks!).  I could tell Carter was fading fast since it was almost 5:00 and an hour past his nap time, so we headed home.

I got home, checked my email and discovered that the meeting I was supposed to have at 7:00 with our small groups coordinator because she has a bad case of the barfs.  That relaxed my schedule enough to respond to some email and make a phone call.  Jeff came in at about 15 til 6 (early tonight!) and I started dinner (Tortellini with eggplant and peppers–YUM) while he emptied the dishwasher.  Carter heard the commotion and woke up screaming.  If he wakes up crying, that means that he didn’t sleep enough and that means he’ll be REALLY touchy until he snaps out of it–usually about an hour. 

Jeff and I did our best to keep him happy, but he still cried for almost an hour.  In those cases, we just have to hold him and let him.  We ate, we played and I finally sat down when Jeff put him to bed at 8:15.  I wrote in all my Christmas cards while I watched the Biggest Loser finale and now I’m blogging about it all.  That was a day in the life, tomorrow we’ll do it again in a different way.  Sleep tight.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: